Officer Full Bio Display Page
Please click the + to view a short bio and information, click View Profile to view the full details.
Matthew LoweExcellent Grand Principal Sojourner
Born on October 10, 1981, Matthew Ezra Lowe is a 2000 graduate of Clay City Jr./Sr. High School in Clay City, Indiana. In 2006, he received the degree of Bachelor of Science in Anthropology from Indiana State University. That same year, he matriculated at the University of Cambridge in Cambridge, England where he received a Master’s of Philosophy in Historic Archaeology.
Originally from Cory, Indiana, Matthew currently resides in Indianapolis where he is employed in the publishing industry at John Wiley & Sons, Inc. He is a member of the Saline City Church (Un-denominational) where he has served as a Trustee and President of the Administrative Board since 2005.
- Riley Lodge No. 390, F. & A.M. (Worshipful Master, 2004; Dues Endowed Member)
- Raised November 11, 2000, the first 18 yr.old petitioner of #390.
- Terre Haute Lodge No. 19, F. & A.M. (Worshipful Master, 2013, 2014, 2017)
- Double Eagle Lodge, U.D. (Current Officer)
- Dwight L. Smith Lodge of Research, U.D.
- Vigo County Association of Actual Past Masters (President, 2012)
- Terre Haute Chapter No. 11, RAM (High Priest, 2008)
- Grand Council Order of High Priesthood of Indiana (President 2018)
- Grand Chapter Royal Arch Masons of Indiana (Grand Lecturer, 2010-15; elected Grand Royal Arch Captain, 2018)
- Terre Haute Council No. 8, CM (Illustrious Master, 2010, 2015, 2018)
- Indiana Grand Council of Illustrious Masters
- Received the GGCCMI Cryptic Mason of the Year for Indiana – 2017
- Terre Haute Commandery No. 16, KT (Commander, 2009)
- Indiana Past Commanders Association, Knights Templar
- Distinguished Service Award – 2012
- Received the Knight Templar Cross of Honor (KTCH) – 2014
- Grand Commandery of Indiana (Appointed Grand Officer, 20015-17)
- Banks of the Wabash College No. 72, YRSC (Governor 2015-16)
- Received the Order of the Purple Cross (OPC) – 2015
- Indiana Priory No. 8, KYCH (Current Officer)
- Edward C. Etchison Council No. 326, AMD (Sovereign Master, 2014)
- Terre Haute Preceptory No. VI, Yeomen of York (Director General, 2018)
- Royal Order of Scotland, Provincial Grand Lodge of the USA
- Indiana Council No. 15, Knight Masons (Current Officer)
- St. James Conclave, Red Cross of Constantine
- Grand College of Rites of the U.S.A.
- St. Andrews Tabernacle XXXV, Holy Royal Arch Knight Templar Priests
- Valley of Indianapolis, AASR
- Indiana Consistory (Current Officer)
- Board Game Guild
- College of Deans
- Men of the Malt
- Riley Chapter No. 22, OES (Worthy Patron, 2005-06)
- Clay County Centennial Chapter, Order of Demolay (Advisor 2005-06)
- Terre Haute Masonic Temple Association (Board of Directors, Secretary 2018)