Our Departed Companions
- The broken column denotes the untimely death of Grand Master Hiram Abiff.
- The beautiful Virgin, weeping, denotes the unfinished Temple.
- The book open before her, displays that his virtues are on perpetual record.
- The sprig of acacia in her right hand, represents the timely discovery of his body.
- The urn in her left, that his ashes were there safely deposited to perpetuate the remembrance of so distinguished a character.
- Father Time standing behind her unfolding the ringlets of her hair denotes that time, patience and perseverance will accomplish all things.